Tuesday, May 3, 2011

The Tuesday Ten - Analogous Links

Today's links promise not to describe you using a bad analogy:

1. Roger Ebert finally won the New Yorker caption contest after 107 tries. The New Yorker has the story. I thought the censored caption was the funniest.

2. Here are 25 everyday things that most people didn't know had names. I knew number 8, mainly because I remember the illustration in Webster's Dictionary, but none of the rest.

3. For you Parks and Recreation fans, here's some names that Tom Haverfood might call certain foods. Very cool site name.

4. The Onion interviewed the screenwriter for the new Fast and the Furious movie.

Today Now! Interviews The 5-Year-Old Screenwriter Of "Fast Five"

5. Conan did some pretty funny trailers for the new "Thor" movie.

6. This reminds me of Adam - it's Sean Connery: The Musical (h/t to HJE.)

7. A couple from My Bad Parent - first an Attentive Father.

8. Next some problems with leashes. (Would a site called "My Overprotective Parent" feature a mother feeding her kids chopped up grapes?)

9. The Sox are playing the Twins tonight. This blogger came up with a "fill-in-the-blank" game recap for their early season struggles. I particularly enjoyed the "short recap of star of the game" paragraph.

10. And finally, the 56 Worst and Best Analogies of High School Students nearly had me out of breath as I was laughing so hard.

Until next time, during which I'll be studying German so as to find the name to that nameless dread.

No comments:

Post a Comment