Friday, January 21, 2011

Misplaced Songs - 1/21/11 - "Someone Who's Cool"

This week's edition of Misplaced Songs features a Canadian band that I don't know much about. What this means to the reader is that this will be a much shorter post than last week's

According to my friend Mr. Wikipedia, the Odds are a Canadian band formed in 1987.  They were fairly popular in Canadia* and had a number of songs that made the Canadian charts.  However, the song featured today is the only one I ever recall hearing on the radio in the U.S.  Frankly, I only vaguely remember it being played. 

*I often mispronounce Canada this way so I decided to permanently change it to Canadia.

"Someone Who's Cool" is from the 1996 release Nest.  It didn't really catch my ear until it became the theme song to the short-lived CBS TV show "Love Monkey" in 2006.  While I enjoyed the inside music theme of the show the viewing public didn't and the show was off of CBS after only 3 episodes.  This song, however, stuck in my head for much longer than that.  Whenever it plays on my iPod I play it a second time.

 The lyrics in this song are great.  It's about someone who doesn't measure up to the person he appears to be - "I'm the picture that I'm holding of someone who is cool."  This person is also unoriginal - "And I'm the song about the song that once said something new."

Unfortunately this song is not available on iTunes, or at least I haven't found it.  I found the CD on eBay which is how I obtained the song.  If you're interested in getting a copy of the song I've included a link below to a site in the UK that has a download that I can't vouch for but looks legitimate. Or you can contact me and I can send you a copy.



Odds Someone Who's Cool Mp3 Download

No comments:

Post a Comment